Friday, June 6, 2008

WOO HOO It's finished!!!!

Well at last it is finished...well almost. We still have a little touch up paint here and there to take care of but for the most part it is over.  It is SO nice to have my kitchen back.  I never realized how much we really do live in our kitchen most days.  
It is absolutely awesome!!!!  I LOVE the makeover.  And it feels bigger, much bigger.  Clay laughs, that is our joke, no matter what you do to a room it always feels bigger!

Dining room - Clay is very happy with his scraping, mudding and re sanding of the walls in this room.  Check out my framed posters.  They are from our local farmer's market.  I just love them!  I am trying to talk Clay into letting me paint all the chairs black and he is not going for it.  So comment on this blog and let me know your vote, to paint or not to paint the chairs!

Finished Kitchen with natural lighting.  Of course I have moved plates and cups and such around a couple of times and I relearn the function of each area.
Finished Kitchen with flash on camera - you can see the colors a bit better!  I was telling everyone that the cabinets were an "earthy green" and then I began painting them, I realized that they were definitely the color of my parent's first appliances - "avocado green".
just a reminder of what it looked like one month ago!
And five years ago!
Yep, this is me making out with my butcher block counter tops!  Clay and I installed them all by ourselves!!  However, I had no idea that I was taking on another child, you have to oil them every other day or so for two to three months!!!!  Well worth the work - they are beautiful and incredible!!!
Clay installing our second light fixture for the kitchen, the first one I was VERY unhappy with.  TOO Bright and looked out of place.
Eden Grace and me after a long weekend of finishing the kitchen!
Early on in the remodel. Payton's photography of me EARLY in the morning with my cup of joe.
Painting what felt like endless green cabinets.
Gigi holding sweet Eden while we worked our buns off.  Payton went and spent one whole weekend with her Nana and Papa.
Clay and Dub (our sweet and incredibly good woodworking neighbor) putting the finishing touches on the cabinet they built above the counter.  Look at sweet Eden Grace in her matching cloth diaper, check it all out.

Needless to say, we are pooped and ready for the next project all at the same time.  
Take care!
H

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the kitchen!!! You guys did such a wonderful job! My vote is definitely with you on painting the chairs black.

:)
Justine

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Awesome. So incredible. I agree with you and Justine, I would paint them. Looks so great. I will be showing Aaron this post the second he gets home to inspire him as well. It's just such a great modern look, you know that I remember all too well the "origianl" kitchen, and still remember thinking, "are they sure they want to buy this house?" I'm so glad my perception has changed and that I can now too see the diamond in the rough!!
Whit

Brooke and Peter said...

that is incredible!!!! makes me want to remodel!

Unknown said...

Wow!! Love it! It's so fresh and open! Ok...I'm so taking a trip down to Ikea.

Anonymous said...

I am voting to paint the chairs one color. God has blessed me with my sweet family. Gigi