Thursday, June 19, 2008

Stuff in the garden & Father's day

So I have the most wonderful husband and father of my girls in the whole world!  Get this he wanted to spend his Father's day in the garden.  How great is that!?!? We went to Lowe's and loaded up on their greatly discounted "distressed' flowers, which basically are perfectly good flowers that need a little TLC.  The following is an account of the beautiful things we did and enjoyed in our garden.

This is  tradition in our family on Mother's day and Father's day to have your picture taken on the front porch with the kiddos.
This is the incredibly huge pot that was left at our home by the previous owners of the house.  We thought it was a great thing until we first tried to move it.  It took four men the first time!!!  Well this weekend Clay (aka muscles) moved it all by himself to the garden center and filled full of my favorite flowers, Gerber daisies and sweet potato vine.
New "distressed" shrubs and blackberry bush
Garden View!
Cosmos - they are coming up everywhere!!!
Shasta Daisy - planted seeds two years ago and completely forgot about them because they never came up and suddenly they showed up.


Miss Green Thumb herself trying to get a peek out into the garden.
Black beans sprouting out of the ground.
Purple cone flower starting to bloom!
Black eyed Susan's - once again another that I planted from seed last year that are just poking their heads out for the first time. The are so beautiful and fun to watch.
Sweet peas!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous garden! That is nice to know about the shasta daisies and black-eyed susans. I have been too chicken to plant from seed because for some reason I anticipate nothing happening. I guess I just need to be a little more long-term in my thinking. I truly love the photos! I wish I were more on top of my current garden so I could go take advantage of those "distressed plant" sales. What a great job you all have done!

:)
Justine