Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The BIG Sin!!!!

So here it is...we went to IKEA about three weeks ago with a mission. The mission was to purchase NEW things for our kitchen remodel.  I know, I KNOW, we were doing so well on this buy nothing new in 2008 thing and then, WHAM!!!  We did approve this by the board of purchase nothing new.  All that said I am not going to tell you a specific amount but we spent somewhere between $1 and $1300 at IKEA in seven hour time period. 
I am so NOT going to lie to you. It was SO worth every penny.  Clay and I were introduced to IKEA by the Teague Family and they tried to prepare us for our first trip.  Well I have to say it is kind of like child birth, no one can prepare you for either.  ha ha.  Clay loves IKEA as much as I do and we were like kids in a candy store on crack!  So here are a few pics to share our day.



Clay and the girls as we walked thru the doors!!! Seriously he was as excited if not more than I was to be there.
Eden Grace and I so excited to be out of the car and walking into our favorite store. The closest one for us to get to is just north of Dallas, about a four hour trip.
Lunch, YUM sweedish meatballs and a side of steamed veggies.  DANG there food is just as good as their stuff!! AND just as cheap. :)
We borrowed our friend's van since we knew the little subaru wouldn't even come close to hauling all the "Stuff" back!!  The big boxes you see between the seats are our butcherblock counter tops!!  
Look at poor Payton's face,"seven hours riding in a cart and now you are going to make me ride home four hours in a car and I can't even see my sister...".

Okay well there is the big sin.  We loved every moment of it, however after we had loaded the car and started home, Clay looked over at me and said, " I feel like I just cheated on my spouse."  I was on cloud nine and felt like poo all at the same time.  My dear friend Justine reminded me after giving me a really hard time before going down to IKEA "that consumerism is a mind set, you and Clay don't have that way of thinking".
Although now that the kitchen is finished I realize that it was totally worth it.  
Kitchen pics coming soon!
~h

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it. I can't wait to see your "sin". Justine is right. You guys really deserve this amazing kitchen. Hopefully I can see it soon. Love ya, Whit

Brooke and Peter said...

oh, so jealous... I love IKea and there isn't one anywhere near here! Your friend is right... It's a mind set and you all have evolved past that completely - but good for you for makign a fun experience out fo the trip!