Friday, June 13, 2008

New Do ~


Well do you think going from waist length hair to boy hair in less than a year is a little dramatic?  I have done it. I think that I may truly be trying to stop the aging process.  I feel younger, thinner, cuter, and a bit funkier the shorter my hair gets.  I got it cut yesterday and hardly thought twice about it until it was all cut off and then began to hyperventilate on the way home.  So I am back and forth on the scale of loving it one moment and just a little sorrow full the next because a part of me misses my beautiful long hair.  My beautiful long hair was part of my identity at one time, and so was my profession, my maiden name...so it is an adjustment on the road of life.  I really like who I am becoming and morphing into these days, I don't miss my profession or my maiden name and hopefully soon I will not miss my long hair.  Another part of me is teetering on being excited about change, new hair, new occupation (mom/teacher), and some new dear friends.  I am grateful for change for without it life would be so mundane and if you know me long enough, you know that just wouldn't do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is super cute and wish I had the guts to do it. I have contemplated the short hair, but have never been able to get shorter than a long bob. I agree about change. It keeps us going on the roller coaster of life. Not to mention, we often find change can make us feel better, lighter, new! And your hair is definitely an example of good change. I really love it!

Lindsay said...

Love it! Only you can pull those super cute trendy styles off. I love your kitchen. You and Clay are so talented and you have patience beyond comprehension! :)