Friday, June 12, 2009

Puddles, gardens and the ones I love.

You know I have decided God really does know what he is doing. :)  This was a moment in the middle of a weekend from Hell(for reasons I will not mention) about three weeks ago.  Since then God has been so good.  He had the plans set in place for so long I can't even fathom it.  We have been placed on a journey with many different areas of life over the last month and everyone of them has seen high and low points, and everyone of them has been taken in His hands and been repaired and healed beyond what we could imagine at this time.  All that to say, He provided this random rainy afternoon and we did some puddle jumping and lounging outside.  Our souls needed it.  I have decided life is like a summer rain, you can either stay inside and watch it happen or you can go out and jump in the puddles.  If you jump in the puddles you are going to get wet, but if you don't jump you will never know the joy of what it holds.  Thank you for puddles...



Puddle sitting.
Daddy's girl.
View of my feet at 28 weeks pregnant. That blur in the foreground is my belly.
This picture sends JOY to my heart.

My children hardly ever have shoes on around the house and yard.  As a mother it frightens me, however there is something about children, it is as if they understand and know that their connection with nature is holy...it is holy ground they are standing on.
This was a couple of weeks ago and it is amazing how much it has grown since then.  Hope to post some more recent photos soon.

Front flower bed.
Couldn't you just eat her.  I keep saying if they get cuter the more that we have, we may have 10! 
I love this man more and more everyday.
She is getting so big.
Look at those curls!!

Please jump in the puddles...it is worth it even if it doesn't seem like a good idea at the time.
Grace and Peace,
Holly

2 comments:

Whitney B. said...

Why do you always make me want to cry when I read your posts!?! You are such a sweet, tender woman and I am thankful to call you a friend. Thanks, for yet again inspiring me in my crazy day!! Love you!

Brooke and Peter said...

you just made me cry... thanks for sharing those.