Saturday, June 20, 2009

Garden Treasures

Can I just tell you I am proud of our garden this year.  It is lush and beautiful beyond my expectation.  I honestly didn't know if we had it in us to do such an undertaking this season with me being pregnant and all.  But we have and it has been such a joy.  Every morning as the girls go out and feed the animals I take a stroll around the garden, talking to each little plant as though it can hear me coaching it to grow!  It is actually so good for me on many levels to be in the garden right now.  It feeds my soul and also allows me to do some deep squatting in preparation for the arrival of our sweet baby boy.  I have high hopes this season to preserve a ton of the harvest for winter instead of gobbling it all up in season.  So soon, before baby boy Colin gets here I will be doing some serious, pickling, freezing, dehydrating and more.
Here are some shots of the garden this past week.

Squash and Zuch's.
Strawberries and Black Diamond Watermelon!
Yum, tomatoes!
Okra, corn, cucumbers, tomatoes, and peppers.
Big view
My precious zinnias that I wait for all season! Our home is swarming with cut flowers this time of the year, I just can't resist taking them in and viewing them as well.
Grace and Peace,
Holly

No comments: