Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My Life and My Thoughts



My sweet Payton that just turned four this weekend.



Eden Grace, my garden child!





So I have made NO time to blog in the last several weeks. It has been one thing after another around here. So here are some of my thoughts - randomness of sorts.



*I am overwhelmed

* Where does my time go? I am always cooking, cleaning, teaching, washing, gardening...but I have no time for what others seem to have time for in a regular day.

* I did plan a birthday party for Payton that was a hit! Kiddos came to the house in random intervals in a three hour time span and decorated cookies. It was great at times and then there were times where I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs and leave the house. The moment in time for me to want to do that most was when all my friends from all walks and seasons of life and family landed in the same spot at the same time. I didn't have time to spend with any or all of them. So I simply hopped from one to the next like a little hyper dog trying to make sure I gave my love to each one.

* Why do we do this kind of torture to ourselves? Are our kids going to remember these chaotic parties? I didn't have but one or two birthday parties in my lifetime and I remember those, but not to say that I am at a loss for not having more.

*I hope my kids remember how hard I work for them.

*This is why I don't have time for silly nonsense in this world - I am raising two precious girls.

*I went to a "Natural Momma's" group this morning. It was great. I walked in feeling a little out of place but by the time I left, I felt totally comfortable.

* I am hopping on a plane for the first time in 3 years. I hate flying!!! Well the whole family is going so if we go down - we are going down as a family. We are heading to Atlanta for the weekend for a Mona Vie confrence. For those of you who didn't know we are climbing the ladder in Mona Vie. I may have not mentioned to you yet. I don't want to be known as the crazy juice lady. I am sharing this product with people because it is doing incredible things for our health.

*I have a rollercoaster of emotions these days. I have given permission to myself to let some things go that I have been holding on to for a little less than a year now. However, this week I feel like I just picked them back up again. I am a little sad, overwhelmed, and jealous.

* On the other hand I am very excited, refreshed, and renewed with blossoming friendships all around me. Suddenly I have burst out of my bubble of life I have lived for almost the last ten years and have discovered that there is life outside of my world. It is great.

*So just between you and me - I want a housekeeper. Just like everyother week or so. I am really not a fan of "stay at home" moms having housekeepers - but now that I am one - I think we need them more than anyone else.

*My hair is getting greasier - maybe it is the shampoo or maybe it is just my hormones changing - but I have NEVER had oily hair. YUCK!!

*I wish my kids took three hour naps.

*I miss my husband. I feel like for the most part we pass each other in the hallway and sometimes get to have dinner together. Is it ever going to slow down?

*I am listening to a great book on CD - "Grace Eventually" by Anne Lamott. It is not a read for conservative christians. Or maybe it is - wow she is real - makes me feel a little more sane, or a little less crazy when I listen to her.

* I have to stop blogging and go pack - well wash first and then pack.

*I think five hours on a plane is not going to be fun with a four year old and a nine month old.

*Say a prayer for nice weather and smooth rides for us. I am really much more comfortable with both feet on the ground.
~H










2 comments:

ginger said...

Thanks for taking time to read my blog- since we rarely talk I enjoy catching up with your life by reading yours. You and Clay are such fun and adventurous people. We definitely miss hanging.

I feel the same way about the house-keeper situation. I would be willing to make a trade- I clean your house, you clean mine. :)

Have a great weekend! I have found that wrapping lots of tiny, individual presents (even pencils and crayons and snacks) is a huge time killer and fun for the kids.
Cheers~

Brooke and Peter said...

LOVED the list Holly and you are not crazy! I think we all feel overwhelmed and think that everyone around us is more productive or gets more done... I think we all are fooling each other. We can only do what we can do and we all have our own little day to day purposes in life... You life sounds amazing!
Thanks for the updates and pics!
I am so happy to reconnect with you - even if it's just through a silly blog!