Friday, March 14, 2008

I am

Eden Grace getting her fingers dirty in the garden.


I am a mother,
a wife,
a sister, 
a daughter,
a best friend
a soul's mate.
I am a soul's mate to Clay.
He is more than I ever dreamed.
I love that he knows how to romance me.
He romances me by...
coming home early from work,
dancing with me in the most random of places,
gardening with me,
and just being beside me.
I am a quality time person.
I am not won any other way than just spending time with me.
If you invest in enough time with me you will also find out I am an open book.
You pretty much get what you see for the most part.  
I do hold back some ugliness in my brain from time to time that probably isn't nice to share with everyone.
I love that there are certian people in my life that I can call and reveal that ugliness to at any given time.  
I love that these people love me inspite of my ugly thoughts.
These people have dirty basements as well and I love them for it too.
I am becoming more okay every day with my dirty house.  
It is simply the stage I am in life.
It really isn't DIRTY it is simply kid clutter and a bit earthy.
I am earthy most days.  This is who I am becoming. Earth Momma.
I am more comfortable in my skin right now than I have ever been.
I love the earth between my fingers.
I am a gardener.  
I am  a front porch sitter.
I love my wind chimes - it says spring to my soul.
I love opening all the windows and doors in my house and letting the wind whip through the halls and rooms.
I love leaving the windows open until it is too hot or too cold to stand it.
I love the smell of spring, rain, cut grass and dirt.
I am learning to love the smell of children who have played outdoors all day long.
I love watching Eden use her tiny fingers to investigate dirt for the first time.
I love witnessing Payton teaching herself how to swing all alone.
I love seeing freckles form on young faces from the kiss of sunshine.
I love curly hair.
I hate my curly hair at times.
I love getting my hair cut.
I love having my hair shampooed at the salon.
I love having my hair dried at the salon.
I hate washing and drying my own hair.
I don't like taking showers everyday.  
I usually shower every other day.
I do love bars of soap and how they smell.
I love taking a bath and reading but usually only get one or so a year.
I want a big, deep, bathtub.  One that the water will cover my entire body and not just the bottom half.
I love the smell of a bookstore.
I love new books.
I am a book lover.
I almost always have more than 2-3 books going at all times.
I almost always have more than 2-3 projects going at all times.
I am an artist.
I am a photographer,
a painter,
a decorator,
not an illustrator.
I am a teacher,
an instructor,
a blogger.
I am a thrift store shopper
and a garage saler.
I love Saturday morning
garage saling with my family.
I love Saturday morning farmers markets.
I love Starbuck's early in the morning with my family.
I am a peppermint mocha drinker.
I am a classic coffee cake eater.
I am a spring and fall person.
I am a dreamer.
I am a magazine junkie.
I love my "Cottage Living".
I live vicariously through my magazines.
I am an old soul.
I want to live in a cottage.
I want to name my cottage.
I want to know all of my neighbors.
I want to live outside.
I am me.

I completely stole this idea from a fellow blogger and former high school buddy, Brooke Howell.  Thank you Brooke.
~Holly

3 comments:

Brooke and Peter said...

I loved reading more about who you are! Isn't it a fun exercise to just reflect on yourself WITHOUT JUDGEMENT! we don't do it enough.
you should have also said that you "are beautiful!"

Anonymous said...

You are such a beautiful woman! I hope you always know that. You inspire me all the time. Thanks for being my friend. Love you!

Brooke and Peter said...

Holly, ok - 1) you need another post b/c I LOVE reading your blog and 2) thanks for recommending ETSY... Totally addicted already and bought 2 items!
LOVE IT