Thursday, April 24, 2008

Hello - see what we have been up to this week!

Baby tomatoes we started from seed and they are getting ready to go to the backyard.  Payton has been amazed watching them grow from seed to this.  I love the fact that we are teaching our children where our food comes from.  I read some study not long ago that said that most children don't know where our food comes from they think that the grocery store makes it.
Our little hammock and out building (needs painting) we built last fall.
View of the garden from our back door!  This all used to be swimming pool.
Well I haven't been blogging, I have been too busy digging and playing in the garden.  I even convinced my sweet man to play hookie with us on Monday and we played ALL DAY long outside.  It is looking so nice.  I wish I had digital pics of what this place looked like when we first bought it.  I may try and dig out the old photos and take a picture of the photo.  You would never guess there was a HUGE, old nasty swimming pool in our backyard only two years ago.
Clay and his girls digging out the flowerbed.
Finished product!
One of Payton's artistic views - yes she took it.  I am a proud momma.
Look at my Clematis's blooming like crazy!
spinach and sweet lettuce
Look at the new arbor Clay fashioned so that we can have morning glories on both entrances to the garden.  Our climbing green beans will have a place to climb as well.
This is our tomato stake arbor that my sweet handy man of a husband built me.  I found it in my beloved "Cottage Living" magazine.
The start of my perennial flower bed.
The girls and Clay digging in the dirt.
Look at those sweet dirty piggies.
This is my garage sale buy on Saturday morning...my retro watering can turned planter!  
Only $2.00!  It is one of those finds that makes your heart race when you see it and make you smile every time you see it in your home.
Eden and Alexa looking out the window.  They are exactly four weeks and one day apart.
My sweet hubby making  heart shaped flower bed in our newly rocked old flower bed.  
Eden digging in the dirt.
Yep, it is what you think.  We are teaching her to go and pee in the corner outside.  Ha - there is no reason for everything to stop and everyone to go inside for just a little tinkle.
And this is the end.  Now God is bringing us some rain to help my little peas, flowers and green beans grow into plants soon!
~Grace and Peace,
Holly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Holly--hope you're all doing great! You have been tagged! List 7 random facts about yourself, and tag 5 others. (See my blog at http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-CLo4AlcaXgi2dhLKNo?p=109 for more details!) Hope you can; if not,it's okay! Blessings to you and your precious family! Janet Laudett

Lindsay said...

Looks great. Can't wait to see it in person. I remember what your backyard used to look like. It was fabulous then and even more fabulous now.