Tuesday, September 23, 2008

ARTY CRAFTY

So we have been in an artsy mood ever since we returned from St. Louis. It was a city filled with great art experiences. So I thought I would share some of the simple art going on around the house of late.

While Clay was at his art workshop this weekend, Kaytie Jo and the girls and I went garage sale-ing on Saturday morning. We got so many great deals, a new (old) nightstand for the girls' bedroom, a giant star for the front porch, a coat rack, some scrap material for crafty stuff, clothes...but this is my favorite of all!!!! We found this great art easel/drafting table. The lady was asking $75 for it when we walked up and by the time we were leaving she had talked herself down to $25!!! Well I didn't even think twice before we were loading it into the car. The best of all it that it fits great next to my *NEW* window in the den!
Beautiful flowers from the garden in the backyard.
A little embroidery for Christmas gifts.
This is kind of old, but a friend of mine asked me to post it because she is from out of town and wanted to see it. Yes, I painted it. It is just a sheet from Walmart hung on a wire with clips. We simply put a plastic shower curtain behind it on another rod and ta-da! - a fun and funky, one of a kind, shower curtain!
Kaytie Jo got us on this craft recently. She has been cutting up magazines and making sweet little magnets. So while watching movies during "nap" time this weekend I made some too.
Go get crafty - it feels great!
Grace and Peace
~Holly

No comments: