Friday, May 1, 2009

Guess What?!?! - If you are my Dad, DO NOT read this post :)

We got CHICKENS!!!!  Yep, we are crazy I know.  We have been wanting them for sometime now, but it is official we have four hens!!!  We had an son of a friend give them to us.  The girls absolutely ADORE them.  Payton even picks up one of them (Charlotte)!  The would spend hours out in their pen area everyday if I would let them.  We have had them for about a month now and we are all getting along just fine.

Payton found and ate the first egg!!
There it is!!!
E
That look on Eden's face explains it all!!  She is still not sure how or why the chickens are "laying" eggs.  I have failed to get a pic of the girls with the chickens or even the chickens alone, but will hopefully post here pretty soon.
For those of you who don't know why I wouldn't want my dad to read this...he is the City Manager in Jenks and I am pretty sure chickens are not allowed unless you have a certain amount of land.  So shh....and Dad if you are reading, you always told me it is, "easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission" on somethings and I think this is one of those things.
Grace and Peace,
Happy Egg Eating!
Holly

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brooke and Peter said...

chickens!! so excited for you and the girls... i would LOVE to have chickens... the eggs are SO yummy and the chickens are so funny to watch!

Lisa said...

I found you through the backyard chicken forums while searching for information on chickens in Jenks. I also live here and would love to get some chickens for our backyard. How did it go for you? I would love to talk with you about your experience or perhaps see about uniting to change the local ordinance regarding backyard flocks!