Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas, Crafts, New Haircut, Trolley Rides, and Trykes

Sorry for the delayed post...it has been busy around here.  I began this post a couple of weeks ago and just now finishing it.  We pray that all of your Christmas celebrations were delightful.  Ours were - all five of them!

In my last post I showed the guys in our lifeline group putting together amtrykes for special needs kids.  We gave them away to the kids on a Sunday at Church in the middle of December.  Wow what a special moment!!!  A couple of the kids didn't even know what they were there for until about 10 minutes before we gave them the bikes.  How fun!  In the  photo above is a little downs syndrome boy who does not speak, but looked at this huge crowd of people and signed "thank you".  What a tear jerker.
What is cool about this story is that we set a goal of buying one of these trykes with the change that mainly kids in our church collected at home and brought back with them.  When it was all said and done we purchased 4 new trykes and one of the girls receiving a tryke was passing down her old one to someone else.  In all five trykes were given away that Sunday.
A friend of ours, Mark Burt telling the story and showing a jar of change.
This is Payton's masterpiece for the week.  It is a portrait of my dad.  If you know my dad, it totally looks like him!  Ha !
One of my latest creations!
I made this gift for a dear young friend.  A friend of mine made one for me for my b-day and I loved it so much I copied it and made one to give away as well.
Model Kaytie Jo - I am going to have to start paying her for all of this modeling lately.
An odd picture.  Payton and Eden were getting kicks out of Clay wrapping them up like babies.  We laughed and laughed because Payton when wrapped up looks like a little baby with a REALLY big head.
Payton painting our cross ornaments!
Little Eden painting our annual ornaments that we give to the special people in our lives!
Eden learning to be a princess with her boa at a Christmas gathering!

Our gift to precious KTJO - a  carrier for her sweet mac laptop!  I made it! I made it!!!
Kaytie is so awesome she bought all of us a pair of "Tom's" shoes!  If you are not familiar with "Tom's" shoes.  For every pair of shoes you purchase they give a pair of shoes away to a child in a third world country who needs shoes.  She also embroidered all of us a pair of socks.  Mine said "grace", Clay's "peace", Eden's "Love" and Payton's "Joy".
Oh yeah, that is my new haircut.  It has grown out a bit since this photo and I am liking it more.  At this stage I was not a big fan. :)
My tea- towel gift for Kaytie Jo - since she watched me nearly make all of these dudes (all 20 of them) she got to pick her favorite!
Sew cute - from Kaytie Jo!
Kaytie Jo embroidered gloves for Eden Grace.
Eden's tiny socks to go with her Tiny "Tom's".
sweet socks Kaytie Jo made for Payton to go along with her "Tom's" shoes!
Clay and Eden Grace
Some dear friends of ours invited us to go Christmas light looking on a Trolley with them!  We had such a lovely time!!  The girls loved it as well.

No comments: