Wednesday, November 5, 2008

And the Votes have been counted!!! And Camera Found!!

The votes have been counted...John McCain has won our popular vote here in the Peevyhouse home. McCain - 21 Obama - 3. Payton was a little disheartened when we counted last night before the announcement of the actual winner, but still kept her stance that Obama was going to win! Who would have known... My dad called this morning and asked to speak to our four year old about some stock tips and futures.

We took the girls with us to vote yesterday. We wanted Payton to see the real process since she took such an interest in the whole thing. I can remember going to this very same church with my dad EVERY time there was something to vote on since I was a little girl like Payton. It is kind of fun to carry on the tradition. I am pretty sure the same sweet little old ladies are still the ones working it as when I was young.

It is all this lady's fault. Our obsession with government and politics is in our blood because of her...my grandma Max. She gave it to my dad and uncles (2 of the 3 are city managers and have been in city government for a LONG time), and now it has run its course to Payton. Payton and her get a long great and found even more in common someone they both believe should be president. At somewhere between the age of 2o and 80 years old, she is still incharge of the voting precinct near her home and could run circles around me! She is an amazing woman and one of my role models.

OH - and we found the camera!!! It was locked in Clay's glove box. We have no idea why or how it got there, but we were sure glad to find it!

Grace and Peace,

Holly

No comments: